Sunday 1 January 2017

My Flooring Life...

My Flooring Life...

Where to begin? 
I guess My Flooring LIfe started as a child. I was 7 years old when my Dad opened RGN Flooring Supplies in Stockport. After working within the carpet industry for several years he took the plung and opened his own Flooring Wholesale business.

As children we used to spend alot of time playing hide and seek in the warehouse (this was before Health&Safety existed) and once we would could read and write we we're repeatedly dragged in every 6 months to do the dreaded Stock-Take!!

As I got a little older and started think about my future career, the thought of working within the flooring industry made me cring and I think I was about 15yrs old when I made a very decisive decision for my furture... I am NEVER going into Flooring!

Jumping a few years, at 22yrs I realised that 'the grass is not so green overthere' and joined the Flooring industry (not looked back since, yah right!)

Again I'm going to skip a few years, about 16 of them, which brings us up to today!
Why skip so many? The previous 16 years have been training years. I couild go on about all my achievements, certificates, training courses, etc but that would be boring. 
I could also tell you about all the mistakes I've made, but, this blog would then be a novel.   




2 comments: